Monday, September 27, 2010

September 24-26

How this weekend changed my life. I turned 25 on September 24th, thank you everyone for your birthday wishes. This weekend I went to a retreat at my church. The retreat was called 'Encuentro' and it has truly changed who I'am and I will share why.

Friday: We listened to a speaker and ate dinner together.
Saturday: We listened to various speakers, prayed together, ate together and experienced the Holy Spirit. Most of Saturday, I spent crying or on my knees praying as the Holy Spirit was cleansing me from pain, anxiety and fears I had in my life. At one point, I felt like the Sinful Woman Forgiven in Luke 7:36-38, " And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee`s house, brought in alabaster flask of fragant oil, and stood at His feet behind him weeping, and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and annointed them with fragant oil."
Sunday: Again, I spent the day in repentance, listening to speakers and experiencing the Holy Spirit cleanse me with the blood of Jesus Christ.

I have been a Christian my entire life and have been involved in church and ministry and I have never experienced Jesus Christ the way I did this weekend. I have committed my heart to Him, I no longer want to live for my own accomplishment and glory. I don't want to live in fear of this world, I have a GOOD GOD, who loves me and desires the best for me. I know now, I'm completely 100% sure that my purpose on earth is to be a servant to God, to his people and live a life of glory for HIS sake.

I will never forget this weekend and I have no idea what the Lord has in store for me, but I know that it is good and I know that He will always be with me. I re-committed all that I'am to my Savior, the Love of my life and my Best Friend, Jesus Christ.

I hope you can have this same experience in your life. Jesus LOVES you so much and He desires you, turn to Him and let Him change your life. I love you and so does my Heavenly Father. God Bless you.

No comments: